Save money by getting married abroad!
With the cost of an average UK wedding now topping £27,000 according to research, getting married abroad can offer not only guaranteed sunshine, but guaranteed savings too.
And with getting married regularly rated as one of the most stressful life events, doing it abroad can make you even more anxious as language differences and distance make planning that little bit harder.
We don’t want you to feel stressed about your up-coming nuptials, so here are our top tips for planning your wedding abroad with as little anxiety as possible.
- Check the weather – we’re going to take a punt here and guess your decision to get married abroad has a little something to do with the weather, so there’s no point planning a beach ceremony in the Caribbean during hurricane season. You may also not want 40 degrees of blazing sun, so figure out what will work for you.
- Adjust your outfits – gliding along the sand barefoot may well be the better choice than Jimmy Choos if you’re planning a beach wedding. And layers of heavy satin or three-piece suits might result in you being uncomfortably hot. We’re not saying you need to sacrifice style, just that you might want to make some changes to take account of the weather and location.
- Take out suitable insurance – holiday insurance can be very cheap to secure, but make sure that you have enough cover for your rings and outfits in case the unthinkable happens. It is probably best to travel with the wedding rings actually on you, not even in hand luggage if you can help it, to minimise the chances of them being lost. If you need an insurance valuation for rings that we’ve made, give the team a call to discuss.
- Make sure it’s legal – don’t assume that getting married abroad will automatically translate into your wedding being recognised in the UK. There’s a handy guide to what you need to know on the Gov.uk website and you could always have a Register Office ceremony over here then jet off for your dream wedding knowing it’s all above board.
- Leave enough time – you don’t only need time for paperwork, but for your guests to be able to get time off and, most importantly, for your bespoke jewellery to be ready. We don’t have stock items as everything is made to order, so give yourself at least 10 weeks before the big day to order your rings.
Don’t forget to look after your rings once they are on your fingers. Check out our handy guide to taking care of your jewellery abroad. And if you’re ready to choose your perfect wedding rings, give us a call on 01274 551 224 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment.
Book your jewellery design consultation today…
Share this page!